Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Inaugural Blog

Welcome to my first Blog of my artwork. I'll start with the sketchbook that I'm basically finishing up with now. Not all of the pages got uploaded, but most of them have. After this I promise the blogs will be much shorter because they will only contain new sketches and paintings.

These are most of the sketches from my book spanning from the beginning of March to today.

This is the cover with a really cool sticker made by my friends boyfriend Andy

Guys at Panera Bread --- McGintys and Corner Pub

Kathy and Keith, Corner Pub regulars --- My friend Eric did this sketch of Sara S.

I think this is the C4 bus/a guy at Red Rock Canyon Grill --- Samera was nice enough to let me draw her at the Quarry House

The Majestic in Silver Spring --- Red Rock Canyon Grill

The heart-attack look-back at the QH --- guy on bus/lady at Panera Bread

A bunch of Quarry House drawings. Eric is in the bottom right

Edgar --- Mary

An unfinished sketch of Jess that was rudely finished by Grace:( --- Austin Grille People

Inside a cab after a late night --- People at Panera

A girl at McGintys --- Other people at McGintys and Adega

? --- I think I was on the Yellow line for these sketches

All McGintys after a Pub Trivia night

Luis, an Adega regular --- someone, Rob, and Nick

Not sure what this was --- Upstairs at McGintys

Chinatown bus to New York --- A worker at one of my favorite places in Manhattan, 

A priest at Adega --- A fellow passenger on the Chinatown bus

Another passenger on the way back from New York --- Chinatown, NYC

Two drawings during lunch at Woodside Deli

Red line --- James the actor

Red line/chair at the Pirates Tavern --- Man asleep on the Marc Train

Lady playing a Nintendo DS on the Marc --- The beautiful and historic AFI Silver

Panera sketches and a silly quote that was obviously worth documentation

Jess' Father at McGintys --- Some little creatures

Guy on bus --- Keith

A Guy who loooks like Mr. Miyagi --- Downstairs Pub, McGintys

A CUA student at Panera --- Steffi drawing me

Colesville and Georgia --- Quarry House

Very late night sketches of Becca

Plant, Robert --- Dudes on patio

An attempt at action sketching of a belly dancer at Pirates Tavern --- Matt

A Man eating at Panera, I know I get coffee there a lot! --- Guy on the C2 or C4 bus

Downtown Silver Spring (DTSS) --- McDonalds at 4 Corners, Signed by the singer of the Tokyo Police Club

A chick at Panera -- a note from Annalisa, she thinks she's funny (she is)

Another attempt with the belly dancer --- DTSS

Guy+Computer+Panera=sketch --- This guy had a few to many, QH

Chica+computadora+Panera=Bosquejo --- Girl on patio

Nick at the Q House --- Goin with the flow

14th and T, outside Cafe Saint Ex --- Man on green line

The oldest person at the Black Cat to see the Tokyo Police Club --- Not much to look at

Obviously people at Panera

All different people and places

The Quarry House --- Guy reading on the 22 bus

Emily at the QH --- Z6 and QH

Emily F. --- "The Curtain" by George Segal, check it out

Three guys at the bar --- Elderly woman on the Z6 bus

Unfinished girl/redline --- Panera girl

The back cover with 2 more hilarious stickers made by Andy and one of Homer!!!

Thanks for looking, I will hopefully have new stuff to look at shortly. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done T Smalls - Although I am a little worried about the amount of time you spend at Panera. Tim

Unknown said...

thats a lot of carbs. Neat sketchbook.